- 1.2 We collect information from you when you visit our website at www.shoppinglinks.com (Website).
- 1.3 Shopping Links as a data Controller, processes the data of its users under the lawful bases of Contract, Consent and Legitimate interest. We have a legitimate interest in processing this data because this information is necessary and incidental to running our business as well as to ensuring our services can be made available to you and others. You can view the documents containing our legal basis for processing this data, as well as our legitimate interest assessment, by getting in contact with the Shopping Links team.
- 1.4 We want to explain clearly what information we collect, how it is held securely, how the data may be used, and the rights you have over your personal information within our possession, so that you can feel confident that your privacy is important to us. We provide settings that will allow you to control how certain information is used on our Website.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 2.1 In order to fully utilise our Website, you will need to register a member account with us via the online registration form, where we will collect some basic personal information that will include information that can be used to identify you, such as your name and contact details. The registration process will require you to provide details such as your first and last name, your email address, your login password, your blog name (if you are a Blogger), your location and your blog category identifiers (for example fashion, lifestyle and beauty).
- 2.2 Whilst some of our Website's Collaboration search functionality can be used without revealing any personal information, you will not be able to take advantage of the many features on our Website, such as creating a profile with your preferences and participation in Collaborations with others.
- 2.3 You will always know when we are collecting your personal information, and you will be given the express option to consent or opt-out of this data processing. We may also collect non-personal information (that is, information that cannot be used to identify you) such as information regarding your computer, network and browser. Please note that the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply to the collection of non-personal information.
- 2.4 Consenting to allow us to process and store your data is optional. However, failure to provide that consent will prevent us from the delivering content, services and products you have requested from us.
3. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
- 3.1 Most of the information we collect from you will be associated with your use, enquiry or dealings with us. We will only collect your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. In particular, your information is likely to be collected as follows:
- (a) Accounts: When you submit your details to open an account with us;
- (b) Access: When you access us directly, where you may be required to provide us with details in order to obtain permission for such access. For example, if you access our Website, we may collect information using essential cookies or analytical services. We may use "session" cookies to better understand how you interact with our Website, or "persistent" cookies to save your login information for future logins to our Website;
- (c) Log Data: When you visit our Website, whether as a registered user or a visitor, where our servers will automatically record information about how you use our products and services (Log Data). This may include your Internet Protocol address, what website(s) you were visiting prior to accessing our Website, which browser you use, times you have visited our Website on previous occasions, etc.;
- (d) Information about your device: When accessing our Website, we may collect information about the type of device you are using to view our Website (such as a PC, mobile phone, and/or tablet), what operating system you are operating (such as iOS, Windows or Android), as well as your device settings. This information assists in the functionality of our Website and helps us improve our service to you. Whether we are able to collect some or all of this information will often depend on the type of device you use and its settings. If you would like to know the type of information your device sends to us, you can refer to the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider; and
- (e) Social Media: When you link your social media profile(s) to your account on Shopping Links, we may receive data from your profiles including the reach, impressions and demographics of your followers. The information you authorise us to obtain and store, or that you wish to share on these sites, will generally depend on the settings and approval you provide for specific social media account(s) and/or on the privacy policies of these social media site(s). We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or social media services linked to our Website, so we therefore advise that you check with the social media site(s) if you have any concerns regarding the privacy of your information. Success of a social media campaign (including media, reach and impressions) will be reported to a Brand where you have explicitly given permission to work with a Brand and provide data for reporting purposes. The information that is shared with Shopping Links is determined by Facebook and is available on their website.
- (f) Google Analytics: When you enable demographics in your Google Analytics account and link your Google Analytics profile to your account on Shopping Links, we will receive data relating to your blog traffic and audience demographics. The data accessed by Shopping Links will be read only and will be used to promote and match your suitability as a content creator to Brand Collaboration opportunities. Success of a campaign will be reported to a Brand where you have explicitly given permission to work with a Brand and provide data for reporting. The information that is shared with Shopping Links is determined by and detailed in the User settings on the Google Analytics website.
- 3.2 At Shopping Links, we will endeavour to ensure that you are always aware when your personal information (that is, information that can identify you) is being collected.
4 USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 4.1 When you provide your details to us by opening an account on Shopping Links and/or link your social media account(s) with your profile, you will be able to fully access all the features of our Website such as finding collaborations with either Bloggers or Brands.
- 4.2 We may also use your details to respond to any queries you send us, deliver to you timely updates regarding any changes we make to our Site, as well as send them to your chosen collaboration partner to make contact.
- 4.3 We will otherwise use your personal details for reasonable business purposes so that we can better understand your needs and/or how we can improve our services. We will not use your information for any purpose that is not related to the services we provide to you.
5 DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 5.1 We do not sell or rent your personal information, including your audience data to any other company, organisation or person. However in the case of applying for a Collaboration, limited personal information and your audience reach and demographics will be shared with the Brand to whom you are applying.
- 5.2 We may also disclose non-personal information (that is, information that cannot personally identify you) to third party Brands who hold an account on our Website.
- 5.3 Your personal information may be disclosed to a number of third parties, such as:
- (a) third parties that provide services to us, or that function on our behalf, such as contractors;
- (a) related companies in our corporate group and business partners for the purpose of providing services requested by you;
- (a) information technology service providers responsible for our communication networks, software and system development and maintenance.
- 5.4 If your personal information is disclosed, we will ensure that the third party contractors are prohibited from using it for any other purpose other than for the specific purpose it was supplied.
- 5.5 We will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless the disclosure is authorised by the Privacy Act.
- 5.6 We also provide links to third party websites, such as websites of our participating Bloggers, Brands and various social media networking sites. These websites may have different privacy practices than us. We do not exercise control over these third party websites and therefore, we are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or social media services linked to our Website. As such, it is advised that you check the privacy policies of these sites first if you have any concerns regarding the privacy of your information.
6 ACCURACY AND UPDATES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 6.1 We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information you provide us is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
- 6.2 If the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or out-of-date, you can easily change the information we store about you in the Edit Profile area. If the information cannot be corrected in your profile, please contact us and we will either take the reasonable steps to correct this information or discuss alternative options with you.
- 6.3 You can request access to your personal information by contacting us. We will respond to these requests without undue delay. We will provide this data in accordance with any required laws in which we operate. However, the National Privacy Principles outlines circumstances under which we may not agree to give you access to some, or all, of your personal information and in such cases, we will provide you a reason for our decision. We may charge you for the cost of providing you access to your personal information.
7 SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 7.2 If you suspect any misuse of, loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please inform us immediately.
8 OPT IN OPT OUT
- 8.1 At Shopping Links, we may send you regular emails including alerts for new products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, contests, events of interest and one-off marketing promotions such as marketing information about us, our subsidiaries or selected business partners.
- 8.2 However, it is our policy to only send you these emails if you have given us the permission to do so. You will be given the option to opt-out of the subscription to our regular email update service by using the opt-out facilities provided (such as through an unsubscribe link) or by changing your email preferences in the Edit Profile area. Please note that by opting out, this may prevent us from offering you some or all of our services, and may terminate your access to some or all of the services you access with us.
- 8.3 We will uphold a user’s right to privacy and will comply with their wishes to remove their data from the Shopping Links database in a timely and transparent manner.
- 8.4 We will otherwise endeavour to use your preferred method of communication to communicate with you, if you have indicated such a preference.
- 8.5 If you receive communications from us that you believe are in breach of this policy or with any law, please contact us using the details provided below.
9 DEACTIVATION AND SUSPENSION OF YOUR ACCOUNT
- 9.1 If we suspend or if you request deactivation of your account, we will retain the information you have provided to us so that your account can be reactivated in the future. If your account is not reactivated within four years (either by you or by us), we will archive the information you have provided to us and retain the information in the archives.
- 9.2 If you would like your information to be deleted, you should contact us and we will delete all your identifying information from our records.
10 DATA RETENTION POLICY
- 10.1 Personal data and Billing information is retained in accordance with Australian data retention laws.
11 UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
12 DATA BREACH POLICY
- 12.1 The following notification and incident reporting protocol will be enacted in the case of a data breach.
- 12.2 The Shopping Links database is securely stored and places restrictions on the IP addresses that have access to the database.
- 12.3 Users requesting access to the site and service are logged and Shopping Links can check over past logs.
- 12.4 In the case of a data breach incident, the relevant supervisory authority will be alerted as soon as possible and in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- 12.5 Records with confidential personal information are data encrypted
- 12.6 Shopping Links uses a number of encryption techniques and algorithms within its platform in accordance with industry standards.
- 12.7 Shopping Links Employees are bound by confidentiality agreements which prevent the sharing of personal and confidential data with third parties.
13 CONTACT DETAILS
- 13.2 If you have a dispute with us regarding your personal information, we both must first attempt to resolve the issue directly between us.
- 13.3 If you wish to make a complaint about an alleged breach of the Privacy Act, we will ask that you send us your complaint in writing first. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.